When laying asphalt on roads and during roof construction, the main material is bitumen. It can be either molten or in the form of emulsion.
To make the coating stronger, bitumen is mixed with crushed mineral filler and special additives. Bitumen emulsion are simpler in operation, besides, they are less expensive.
Preparation of this material requires the use of surfactants to emulsify bitumen in water, ensure good wetting and adhesion of the binding to the mineral filler. If the above conditions are observed correctly, road strength and durability is improved.
There are three methods of applying asphalt on roads:
- mixing bitumen with a mineral filler;
- mixing liquefied bitumen with a filler;
- missing bitumen emulsion with a filler.
Beside the above mentioned advantages, the emulsion can be used without the need for additional heating, and the asphalt mix can be prepared directly on site. This allows to reduce financial costs and duration of construction of repairs significantly.
From the viewpoint of mobility, instead of purchasing emulsion, it is better to purchase an emulsion production unit. GlobeCore offers the UBV-1 types units, ehich offer the following possibilities:
- production of high quality emulsions regardless of the quality of bitumen input by adding plasticizers, adhesion additives and thinners;
- production of any emulsion type, either CRS, CMS and CSS-1.2 or anionic emulsion of the same type, including subtype h;
- dilution of the blend concentrate by water occurs directly in the unit;
- safety in operation (emergency shutdown is built in);
- the produced emulsion complies completely with ASTM D 2397-98 and D977-98 standards;
- small equipment footprint;
- simple operation and servicing.
Owning a GlboeCore UVB-1 unit is good protection against bitumen emulsion market fluctuations and a means of producing the amount of material required currently for construction and repair operations.